The ethics of scientific publications include: (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflict of interests in managing publications; (ii) Justice, fulfill the right of authors; and (iii) Honesty, i.e. clear from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Author:
- Responsible for the work and the article content including the method, analysis, and details.
- Explain the limitations in the research
- Respond to the review comment made by peer reviewers in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform to the editor if he will withdraw his manuscript.
- Submit the Statement of Ethical Writing in Scientific Journals.
Duties and Responsibilities of Editor :
- Mediating the needs of readers and authors / writers,
- Improving the quality of publications,
- Implement a quality assurance process of manuscript that will be published,
- Promoting freedom of opinion,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the journal,
- Actively ask an opinions to authors, readers, reviewers, and editorial board members to improve the quality of publications,
- Facilitating writers so that they can make improvements to the good manuscript
Duties and Responsibilities of Peer Reviewer :
- Obtaining the task of the editor to review the manuscript and submit the review results to the editor. The result are used to determine the eligibility of a manuscript to be published.
- The reviewers are not permitted to review his/her manuscript, both directly and indirectly
- Maintaining the authors privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations for the manuscripts he reviewed
- Encourage the author to make improvements to the paper
- Review the paper that has been revised by author in accordance with the specified standards.
- The paper is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the Societas Dei: Jurnal Agama dan Masyarakat based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.)